Do you know what the TCF Bank Routing Number is? TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) Bank has nearly 400 branches in the Midwestern. Their services include business checking & savings and loans & credit. They also process payment & payroll. Of courses, they also offer personal banking services.
Though they have fewer ATM networks than other bigger banks, you can find TCF in Target, in local grocery stores, and other freestanding locations. It is quite easy to access TCF Bank.
Wire transfer is also the fastest way to move funds to and from your TCF Bank account. You may receive domestic and international wire transfers. You need the routing number for this process, and if you are doing international wiring of funds, you need the SWIFT Code.
How to Find TCF Bank Routing Number
The TCF routing number is printed on the bottom left corner of your check. Remember that each state has a unique routing number. Refer to the table below to make sure you are using the correct routing number and to avoid your funds from going somewhere else.
TCF Bank Routing Number SWIFT Code
You might be surprised that TCF Bank does not have a Swift Code. However, this does not mean you cannot wire transfer funds internationally to your TCF Bank account. You will need an intermediary bank if you want to wire money into your account.
The SWIFT Code of Wells Fargo is WFBIUS6S. It could be used in conjunction with the TCF routing number to transfer money to your account from other countries.
Other TCF Bank Services.
You may open a savings account with TCF Bank. They have different accounts for different age groups, and they have a high-yield savings account as well for those who want higher interests.
For checking account, you may avail of a barebones checking account or an interest-bearing one. There is a maintaining balance, however, so you must keep this to avoid monthly maintenance fees.
People who want higher interests could open a TCF Power Money Market. However, the average monthly balance required is $1,500; otherwise, you are charged a maintenance fee. Take note that there are limited withdrawals per month as well.
TCF Bank also offers CDs with terms from 3 months to 10 years. Of course, longer terms earn higher interest rates.
Finally, you can set up an IRA with TCF, and the staff would be more than happy to help you decide the right one for you. Each type of account has a different requirement in terms of withdrawal limit and contribution limit.
The Upside of TCF Bank
- TCF Bank branches often have extended hours of operation, and these branches are easy to find, like in local grocery stores, so it is convenient to bank with them.
- The bank accounts for teens and students are popular products of TCF. These accounts do not have a monthly maintenance fee. These young clients can open accounts with a $25 starting amount. The teen account is for those aged 14 to 17 years old. Meanwhile, the student account is for the 18 to 24 age group. These accounts aim to encourage the youth to develop the habit of saving.
- There is also a “senior” interest-bearing checking account. It does have a monthly maintenance fee, which is waived for clients with over $200 direct deposit into their accounts or those who make at least 15 withdrawals a month.
- The IRA products of TCF do not have any monthly maintenance fees and even have competitive interest rates. However, like other IRA, you are charged a penalty for early withdrawal. There is also a maximum contribution limit.
- TCF has automatic transfers, for which you can set a fixed amount and the frequency of transmission. You can transfer from your checking to your savings account. This type of transfer is convenient because you don’t have to keep repeating the process yourself.
- The prepaid Visa card of TCF also helps clients stay on the budget. So long as your card has a load, you can use your card like you would any other credit card.
- The alerts that TCF online banking allows you to know when transactions are happening with your account. You can set it, so you are notified regularly about your balance. This feature is convenient for those who do not regularly check their accounts.
The Downside of TCF Bank
- The fees that TCF charges could be steep. An overdraft could go as high as $37 per day. The bank could charge such fees up to five times a day for every transaction that exceeds your balance.
- Check deposits through a teller takes two business days to clear.
- Using an ATM outside the TCF network has a fee of $3 per transaction on top of the host ATM’s charge. Outside the US, this fee could go to as high as $5 plus 3% of the transaction. Again, that fee is on top of what the host ATM charges.
- Ultimately, if you are after convenience when banking, and you think you have enough control over your banking transactions to avoid fees, then TCF would be a smart choice. TCF branches are easy to find.
We hope this article helped you with your banking needs, especially with a wire transfer. If you have any questions or if you want to share your related experience, leave a message in the comment box below.