Every member of UW must remember the UW Credit Union Routing Number. This number set is necessary for moving funds to and from an account.
UW Credit Union Background
UW Credit Union is a financial institution that is federally insured. Also, it is a not-for-profit group, and its members are its owners. Primarily, the UW Credit Union aims to improve the economic well-being of every member.
UW’s mission statement is, “your best interest always comes first. We offer all the services of most major banks, plus more.” Meanwhile, the UW Credit Union offers the following services:
- ATM (TYME/debit) cards
- savings accounts
- personal loans
- student and auto loans
- home equity loans
- home loans
- free checking
- reserve line of credit
- at-home computer banking
- overdraft protection, mortgages
- certificates for IRAs
- traveler’s checks
- safe-deposit boxes
- money market accounts
- notarize documents (need ID)
- money orders
- international and domestic wires
Furthermore, any student, faculty, staff, and alumni of the University of Wisconsin may become members. Their immediate families are also eligible for membership. More importantly, UW is also open to people who live or work within 5 miles of any UWCU branch. The following are the campus locations:
- 1435 Monroe Street (across from Camp Randall),
- 1308 W Dayton St (in Union South),
- 662 State Street.
Also, you can find UW Credit Union in Milwaukee, Green Bay, and Whitewater. It is quite easy to find a UW Credit Union office in these areas.
UW Credit Union Routing Number Wisconsin
UW Credit Union is just like other financial institutions. Hence, it has a routing number as its identifier. This number is 2759-7907-6.
If you are a UW union member, then you need to give this routing number to anyone who wants to wire transfer funds to your UW account. However, you must remember that the routing number serves to identify any financial institution in the US. Thus, do not miss any of this nine-digit code because if you do, then your money could end up elsewhere.
Another thing to note is that you can find your routing number at the bottom left corner of your check. Specifically, it would be the first set of numbers you will see at the bottom. However, if you don’t have a check on hand, refer to the number above.
UW Credit Union Routing Number vs Account Number on Bottom of Checks
Indeed, the numbers on your check could be confusing. It would greatly help if you know what each number set means. Specifically, the three number sets you see on your check are the following:
- routing number
- account number
- the check number.
It could truly be confusing to understand this number. Now, to avoid confusion, just remember the sequence from left to right:
- The first set of 9 digits is the routing number.
- At the center is the 8 to 12 digit set. This number is your account number.
- Finally, the right-most set of numbers would be the check number.
Contact UW Credit Union
- UW Campus – Union South Branch: M-F: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Go here for other locations: https://webbranch.uwcu.org/Locations/List/Index/ALL
- Local: (608) 232-5000
- Customer Service – Toll Free(option 0): (800) 533-6773
- ATM/Debit Card Cancellation (After hours): (800) 957-4341
- 24-hour Credit Card Customer Service (including lost/stolen credit card): (800) 310-7080
Fax: (608) 236-2450
- Mailing Address: UW Credit Union PO Box 44963 Madison, WI 53744-4963
- Corporate Office: 3500 University Ave. Madison, WI 53705
- Campus Central Office: 662 State Street Madison, WI 53703
- Campus West Office: 1435 Monroe Street Madison, WI 53711
- Union South: 1308 W Dayton St. Madison, WI 53715
- Middleton Hills Branch (Drive-up): 6750 Century Ave. Middleton, WI 53562
Be A Member
It is easy to be a member of the UW Credit Union. You must be any of the following:
- A Wisconsin resident enrolled at or is an alumnus of an accredited institution of higher education nationwide;
- A Resident, worker, or student within a 5-mile radius of any UW Credit Union branch;
- An employee, student, or alumnus of any UW Credit Union accredited statewide universities, colleges, public schools, and extensions;
- A current or former employee of the accredited organizations;
- An immediate family member of any person who meets any of the above requirements.
If you meet any of the above, you may apply online or visit any branch. However, you will also need to prepare the following so you can join the UW Credit Union.
- Social Security Number (U.S. citizens)
- Current Physical and Mailing Addresses
- Class A identification:
- Driver’s License
- U.S. State ID
- Resident Alien ID Card (Green Card)
- U.S. Military ID
- Matricula Consular ID
- Credit card or account plus routing number from a previous financial institution
- Phone Number & Email Address
We hope this article would be useful in your banking transactions with UW Credit Union. If you have any questions, post it in the comment section below. You may also share your experience with this financial institution in the same section below. Leave us a message, and we will try to reach back to you.