The TD Bank routing number, like other routing numbers, is a nine-digit code given to every account holder in the United States of America. These digits are at the bottom left side of a check, enclosed by symbols. A routing number identifies the location of a bank.
If you want to find out the routing number of other banks like Associated Bank, Ally Bank, First Bank, Fidelity, M&T, Zion check out routingnumberslist.com. There you will find all the routing numbers that you need.
- 1 What are Routing Numbers?
- 2 About TD Bank
- 3 Finding your TD Bank routing number
- 4 Why do you need a TD Bank RN?
- 5 Wire transfer in TD Bank
- 6 Conclusion
What are Routing Numbers?
Routing numbers are different for every bank, and bank accounts have separate routing numbers depending on the task intended for an account. Two banks cannot have similar routing numbers, but a bank can have more than one.
Banks have a limit of five routing numbers, but they can still apply for more. If you have two accounts in a bank, both accounts share a routing number but different account numbers.
About TD Bank
Toronto Dominion Bank or “TD Bank” is one of the best banks in the United States, offering higher interest rates than most consumer banks. Its account fees are either waivable or nonexistent. FDIC insures TD Bank so you can relax because your money is safe to the lawful maximum.
TD Bank has branches in different states hence different routing numbers. A routing number shows where you opened your account and not your current residence.
Finding your TD Bank routing number
You may want to find your routing number for a number of ways, which we disclose later into the article, so here you can find out your routing number in three different ways:
- Call the bank’s customer care, give personal details to your account. This action will help with identifying if you are the rightful owner. If the details you provide would correspond with what appears in your account, then you will be assisted.
- You can visit the bank and inquire
- If you are using TD Bank online app, log in to open your account and get all your details there.
- You can find your TD Bank RN on a check or statement.
Routing numbers play a big part in financial transactions. All your online bank transactions need your accounts routing number to go through. Always keep your routing account number handy. It is your bank’s ID.
A TD Bank routing number is necessary for wire transfers, automatic bill payments, and direct deposits. Large banks can have over five routing numbers or more if they have merged or taken over other branches.No bank shares the same routing number with another.
Where can you find your TD bank’s routing number?
- You will find the routing number at the bottom of a check on the left side. The numbers on the extreme left make up your routing number. Next to a bunch of numbers is your account number. Some banks place it in the middle of the check though rare.
- You can check online
- Contact the bank’s customer service and ask
- Your bank statements have your routing number
- Search the internet using your bank name and location
The internet has so many websites that have this information. The only thing required from you by them is to agree to their terms and conditions. Hit “I agree,” and you can find all the information about routing there.
American bankers introduced routing numbers, and its primary purpose is to identify a financial institution that uses checks or any payment instrument. Routing numbers also help banks to coordinate transactions with each other.
All nine digits are known as a routing number, but there are three parts to it. The first set of four are Federal Reserve Symbol, the next four are ABA institution identity, and the nine the digit is the check’s digit. Changes in a bank can affect routing numbers, but you are informed early enough to make the changes. Before setting up any payment, always confirm your routing number.
Online Banking with TD Bank
- Manage your money anywhere, anytime. By downloading the TD Bank app, you can do all transactions from anywhere anytime by a simple touch.
- Deposit checks from your phone. To deposit a check to your account, take a picture of the check and post it on the mobile app using your phone and access your money the following day.
- Transfer and send money. Move funds between your accounts or schedule payments. You can also use Zelle to send money quickly and easily to friends.
TD Bank has the latest technology that ensures your transactions are secure. It is a one-time touch ID(single security code). Once logged in, decide which method TD bank will send your security code either by text or voice message.
TD Bank Mobile Banking App
If you have already downloaded the app, log in to access your account. All your details are there, including your routing numbers. If you don’t have an account, download the app, create a username and password, then log in.
Check your account balance, receive or send money, pay your bills here, or view your statements online. TD Bank routing number keeps all accounts organized, and in order to ensure that all money goes to the intended financial institution.
TD Bank Wire Transfer Numbers
Every state in the US has a bank routing number. TD Bank has branches in most of these states. The customers’ routing numbers identify where they opened an account but not their current residence.
TD bank routing numbers for international wire transfers include a SWIFT code to identify the originating bank and the beneficiary bank. SWIFT codes have 8-11 digits and letters.
- Domestic Wire transfer use 31101266
- International Wire transfer use 31101266
- SWIFT code- NRTHUS33XXX
TD Bank routing number basics
- All routing numbers have nine digits. The first two identify which of the twelve Federal Reserve regions the bank is. The next four indicate the ABA institution. The last figure is a check digit that verifies the routing number.
- Each bank has at least one ABA number.
- All banks and financial institutions have a guarantee to have five numbers but can apply for more if need be.
- If you are unsure about your routing number, call TD customer care or login to the mobile app to confirm.
- Check the bottom of your check on the left
The TD routing number in Florida is 067014822; if you are unsure where you opened your account, then call TD customer care. Check if the money goes to the intended recipient. In the US, routing numbers are the identification used by banks and financial institutions.
For domestic wire transfer from New Jersey (NJ), you will only use the TD Bank RN. This changes if you are making an international wire transfer as you will require the SIFT code below.
- For a domestic wire transfer- 067014822
- International wire transfer- 067014822
- You will require a SWIFT code for an international Wire transfer- NRTHU33XXX
TD routing number for New Jersey is 031201360. Note that each state has a different routing number, but all serve the same purpose of identifying the bank location. A local wire transfer only requires NJ’s routing number. An international wire transfer requires a SWIFT code.
- Local wire transfer-031201360
- International wire transfer-031201360
- Include the SWIFT code-NRTHU33XXX
Find your TD Bank RN online
For you to operate a TD Bank online account, you need first to download the TD Bank to your mobile device. Here are some ways to do it:
- Search online depending on the state you opened your account
- Use the TD online banking app. Log in using the one time ID security code and get your routing number.
- Login to your account
- Select “message center” on the left side of the page
- Select “send a secure message” type in you want to know your account routing number
- On a check or statement. Best place to quickly check your TD routing number on a check. All TD Bank statements have your routing number.
- Call TD customer care on 888-751-9000. You will be asked to provide personal details to verify that it is you. The details you give must be exact to the ones in your account.
The right routing number ensures that money send goes to the right recipient. Routing numbers are helpful in wire transfers between international accounts. Such numbers assure you of sending money with more security than a traditional ACH transfer.
Money transfer between people (Person to Person) is not the same as a wire transfer. Still, you can send money to any account in or out of TD Bank in the United States or Canada without visiting the bank physically.
Why do you need a TD Bank RN?
If you are wondering, the following are only some of the many reasons why you need a routing number:
- ACH payments
- Setting up direct payments to your employees
- Receive benefits from the government, tax refunds, and pension payments
- To transfer money between different banks and financial firms or investment firms
- TD Banks have branches in different states have a different routing number for each state.
Wire transfer in TD Bank
If you want to wire transfer, you need the following to make a domestic successful transaction. Please see the following checklist.
- Make sure you have the name of the account holder exactly as it appears in their account
- Name and address of the recipient’s bank
- Recipients account number
International Wire Transfer
You need your bank and your recipient’s Bank SWIFT code, which is the international routing number for banks. They help direct your money to the right bank. From your TD Bank account, the information you use depends on the currency you are wiring. Below is information if you are using US dollars transaction vs. a foreign currency. SWIFT is the easiest and fastest way to receive or send money across banks.
Some banks only accept a swift code to send a wire. To send an international wire, you need the following:
- Name of the recipient as it is on their accounts
- Address of the recipient, including city, state, and country
- Name and address of the recipient’s bank
- The recipient’s account number/IBAN
- Amount to be wired and the currency.
When making a local money transfer, use the ABA routing number for the state or region of your TD Bank branch. The TD Bank RN is 031101266 mostly used for domestic wire transfers. If you are making an international wire transfer in US dollars, use 031101266 and the SWIFT code NRTHUS33XXX. In the United States, banks don’t use IBANs.
Credit unions like RBFCU, BECU, DCU, NCSECU, UCWU, however, would usually need a third party bank like Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank, Bank of America, HSBC for international wire transfers. These are often the bigger banks that operate internationally.
International wire transfers in foreign currency from TD Bank
Keeping your TD Bank RN handy will be an advantage to you as you will manage your finances properly. It takes 3-5 business days for the money to be wired and received depending on the currency and the intermediary banks used for the transfer. Find these swift codes below:
- SWIFT code TDOMCATTTOR as the correspondent bank
- SWIFT code NRTHUS33XXX as the beneficiary bank.
TD Bank is one of the best consumer banks in the United States. FDIC insures this bank, and there no need to worry about the security of your money. Know your routing number and keep it handy for you to make proper transfers.
If you are not sure about your routing number, first confirm to ensure your money goes to the intended recipient. You can call, check online, or confirm from your check or Bank statements.
If you want, you can share with us your concerns, or if you simply want to share your experiences, either way, the comments section is open!